If you are looking for a qualified and experienced Doctor to administer a Cheek Fillers Treatment in High Wycombe Beaconsfield, Amersham, Chesham, Loudwater, and Totteridge then you are in the right place. At Javaani Aesthetic Clinic, you will only be treated by qualified medical professionals giving you peace of mind. Dr Ahmad has vast experience in facial contouring using fillers and achieving excellent youthful results for his clients.Cheek fillers can provide an instant lift to the cheeks and improve cheek and facial proportions. Enhancing the mid-face is often the cornerstone in the facial rejuvenation and can be achieved in a single session, non-surgically.
Why have Cheek Fillers ?
Hyaluronic acid fillers are used for:
- Replacing lost volume as occurs with ageing or weight loss – loss of cheek volume may contribute to flattening of facial contours. Fillers can be used to restore this lost volume.
- Improve facial balance and proportions – the volume of the cheeks may be depleted in comparison to other parts of the face. Cheek fillers can help to volumise and balance the cheeks in this situation.
- Support of the lower eyelid – volumising the (upper) cheek can improve the appearance of the lower eyelid. As the cheek loses volume with age, support of the ligaments of the lower eyelid is lost. A filler placed just under the lower eyelid in the upper cheek helps to support the lower eyelid. This reduces the appearance of eyebags or under-eye hollows.
The process of the ageing cheeks
As we age and lose facial volume, the contour of the face changes, causing shadow patterns to develop, while youthful highlights fade. Cheeks are an important feature of the face and tend to droop and flatten with age. Anatomically, the fat pads that form the cheeks deflate, and fall downwards and inwards. This exacerbates the nasolabial folds (the folds from the corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth). There is resorption of the bony maxilla (cheekbones) with ageing that further contributes to volume loss of the cheeks. The tear troughs or the junction between the lower eyelid and cheek become more pronounced as the cheek loses volume and fails to provide support to the area. Wrinkling over the cheeks can be exacerbated as volume loss occurs.
The Ogee curve is a double S-shaped curvature along the cheeks that gives the face contour and dimension. It is best appreciated when looking at a patient’s cheek from a 45 ° angle. Younger women have an extensive Ogee curve, which enhances their appearance and gives upper and mid-face fullness and width. With age, the size of the curve diminishes leaving patients with flat cheeks and a lack of contour to the face. This is due in part to bone loss in the face as well as loss of volume in the deep fat compartments in the face. Patients will usually state that their faces are sagging.
A key goal in treating patients with cheek volume loss is to restore a wide Ogee curve to the mid-face. This helps to relieve skin droop particularly in the smile lines and restore a more youthful anatomy. Mathematical formulas using the Golden Ratio, or Phi, can be used to find this point on the cheek. Cheek fillers can be used to improve the shape of the cheek to more ideal proportions.
A key goal in treating patients with cheek volume loss is to restore a wide Ogee curve to the mid-face. This helps to relieve skin droop particularly in the smile lines and restore a more youthful anatomy.Mathematical formulas using the Golden Ratio, or Phi, can be used to find this point on the cheek. Cheek fillers can be used to improve the shape of the cheek to more ideal proportions.
Q: Is the treatment safe?
Q- Who can get this treatment?
Everyone. However, it should be avoided in cases of skin infection, allergies, and chronic disease affecting the muscles. It should also be avoided during pregnancy and lactation.
Q- Are there any side effects?
It can cause mild pain and tenderness on the lips. Rarely can cause a bruise at the site of injection.
- It restores the youthful facial appearance
- Improves the under-eye area
- Can achieve ideal oval high cheek point
- Can improve nasolabial folds