HIFU Non Surgical Facelift
HIFU stands for HIGH INTENSITY FOCUSED ULTRASOUND. Ultrasounds are being utilized in the medical/research field for investigating, research and treating conditions like cancers. In aesthetics, it is becoming an increasingly popular treatment for the rejuvenation of various parts of the body and localized fat reduction.
It is called focused because the energy beams emitted from the applicator targets various depths of the skin to obtain the desired rejuvenating, skin tightening and fat reduction effects.
Immediate: Skin feels taut and smoother. Fine lines are less noticeable. Intermediate: In about three months plumping effect of the new collagen synthesis begins to appear.Final results: It takes up to 6 months for the new collagen to become remodelled giving a younger and fresher-looking face. Results can last for a long period of time ranging from 1 to 4 years. This variation is due to variations in types of skin, age, level of skin care used, diet, hydration and level of sun protection used.
Benefits of HIFU Facelift
- Wrinkle reduction
- Jawline definition
- Tightening of décolletage
- Skin smoothing
What our Clients say
For many people, especially if you are contemplating cosmetic treatment for the first time, or if you are unsure a particular treatment is for you, hearing feedback from our many delighted clients can be reassuring and helpful.
45 – 60 Mins
Back to Work
Duration of Results
Hifu Facelift FAQS
IS HIFU USED FOR FACIAL REJUVENATION?
Yes, it is an excellent, non-surgical and cost-effective treatment for the following facial conditions:
- Loose skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin folds, like nasolabial folds
- Jaw contouring by improving and lifting jowls
- Crow’s feet
- Frown and forehead lines
- Double chin
WHAT IS THE DEPTH OF ULTRASOUND ENERGY USED IN FACIAL HIFU?
There are different applicators used which emit energy focused at the following depths below the skin surface.
5mm depth is to treat the superficial dermis layer
5mm depth is used to target the deeper skin layer (Dermis and Subcutaneous fat layer)
5mm depth is used to reach the layers of subcutaneous fat and SMAS layer. SMAS stands for Superficial Musculo-Aponeurotic System. It is the layer between the muscle and the fat, the actual area a plastic surgeon would pull and tighten during a face lift surgery.
HOW DOES THE ULTRASOUND ENERGY WORK?
Immediate effect of HIFU- Inflammatory phase (0-48 hours) HIFU creates multiple micro thermal injuries in the deeper layers of skin. Body as a result of these injuries triggers a healing response. Haemostasis, skin coagulation and cell migration takes place.Intermediate effect of HIFU- Proliferative phase (2 days – 6 weeks)
Cell migration results in the formation of granulation tissue, tissue contracture and collagen synthesis.Delayed effects of HIFU- Remodeling phase
The new collagen which is synthesized in the intermediate phase now starts to rearrange giving strength and support to the overlying skin and creating a lifting effect. The results are improvement in lines, wrinkles and tightening of the skin.
WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF HIFU NON SURGICAL FACE LIFT PROCEDURE?
PROS OF HIFU TREATMENT
- Non-surgical treatment at a fraction of the price for a surgical facelift
- No risk of infection, bleeding and scar formation
- No downtime
- Effects last for up to 2 years
- Can be combined with other aesthetic treatments for the enhanced overall outcome
CONS OF HIFU TREATMENT
- Transient swelling and redness at the treatment site
- Can experience sensitivity to touch and transient tingling sensations which can persist up to 2 weeks
- Rarely temporary numbness and bruising may occur
- Lack of effectiveness in about 10% of cases
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR A HIFU NON SURGICAL FACE LIFT]?
There are a few things which can be done to achieve the best results and avoid side effects:
- One of the important things is to focus on healthy eating with good hydration.
- Adding supplements like Vitamin A, C, D, B3, B12, Zinc and Fish Oils can improve the skin’s hydration and repair process.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol, especially a few days before the procedure.
- No skin irritants (glycolic acid, salicylic acid, retinol) to be used on the area to be treated for at least 72 hours prior to the procedure
HIFU NON SURGICAL FACE LIFT STEPS?
- Make-up is cleaned
- The whole face is cleansed with an antiseptic
- The treatment area is carefully mapped
- Ultrasound gel is applied
- Energy output is adjusted according to the area and the applicator being used
- Treatment is delivered to the mapped area one section at a time
- After the whole area is treated, the face is cleansed again and a collagen serum/skin booster is applied to calm and nourish the skin. The procedure takes about 60 minutes to cover the whole face and sometimes more if the neck is also involved. During the treatment, the energy levels can be altered according to the area and the tolerance of the patient.
HIFU FACELIFT RECOVERY TIME?
There is no downtime.
You may immediately resume your daily activities, but it is advised to avoid anything which with increase blood flow to the treated area or raise the body temperature. Hence, no hot shower, steam/sauna or vigorous exercise at least for 72 hours. To continue with good hydration and a healthy diet.
IS HIFU PAINFUL?
It can be uncomfortable, but energy level can be adjusted according to an individual’s tolerance.
IS THERE A NEED OR BENEFIT OF TOP-UP TREATMENT?
A top-up can be beneficial and improve results but not necessary. It can be done between 3 to 6 months after the initial treatment.
IS HIFU SAFE?
Yes, it is safe in qualified hands. At Javaani Clinic we use certified equipment and all treatments are performed by advanced therapists who are qualified and insured.
IS IT NECESSARY TO DO A FULL FACE HIFU?
No, a part of the face can also be treated if required. For instance mid face, lower face or neck can be done separately.
WHAT AGE IS SUITABLE FOR HIFU TREATMENT?
This treatment can be offered to mature skin of any age usually 35+
At Javaani Aesthetic Clinic we do it through a detailed consultation process, which includes full medical history and skin examination.
Javaani Aeshetic Clinic has an experienced and qualified team of Advance Therapists led by Dr Ahmad.