Plasma Pen (Fibroblasting) Treatment in Hazlemere High Wycombe
Plasma Pen is the newest cosmetic procedure to treat wrinkles and sagging skin. At Javaani, Dr Ahmad offer this treatment as an alternative to laser, injections, or surgical therapies to tighten and improve the appearance of skin. He uses an advanced CE approved device to perform fibroblasting.
How Plasma Fibroblast therapy works?
As we age, the dermal layer of our skin thins, we produce less collagen, and we lose elasticity. All these factors produce sagging and wrinkling of the skin. The Plasma Pen targets a wide variety of skin conditions including loss of elasticity, sagging, and wrinkles that have been traditionally treated with fillers or plastic surgery.
According to an 2019 article published in the PMFA journal, the thermal disruption, or heat damage, from plasma fibroblast therapy:
- breaks down proteins in the skin
- encourages tissue regeneration
- stimulates fibroblast activity
- causes tissue contraction (tightening)
Areas treated with Plasma Pen
- Accordion lines – the lines that form outside of the mouth when you smile
- Acne scars – improvement in the appearance of post-acne marks and scars
- Crow’s feet around eyes
- Forehead lines
- Jowl / jawline tightening
- Marionette lines – The creases or folds that run vertically from the corners of the mouth down to the chin
- Nasal labial folds / smile lines – The folds that run from the sides of your nose down to the edge of your mouth
- Necklines, turkey neck
- Smoker’s lines – those vertical wrinkles also known as lipstick lines around the mouth
- Upper and lower eyelids – Bags and hoods
What are side effects of Plasma Fibroblasting?
- mild hypopigmentation (light spots)
- mild hyperpigmentation (dark spots)
- skin peeling and crusting
Plasma Pen vs. Cosmetic Surgery
- No injectable anesthetic required
- No scalpel, no cutting and no ablation of the skin
- No stitches and no scars
- Very low risk procedure with minimal side effects
- Short downtime
- No thinning of the skin and more uniform that ablative resurfacing using lasers
- No asymmetries and no risks of any overcorrection
- Cost effective
- Long lasting results – usually around 2-3 years and can be permanent
How long will it take to see results?
Immediate results are visible in 5 to 7 days, and they improve over the following 6 weeks.
Is the Plasma Pen treatment painful?
Plasma Pen is mildly to moderately uncomfortable. Numbing cream is applied to reduce the discomfort during treatment.
What is the downtime for this treatment?
Downtime is 5 to 7 days